Wednesday 6 July 2016

History - Two Tight Slap

I wish to reproduce here a section of the article titled "Citizens Jain" by Ken Auletta appeared in New Yorker (8th October 2012 issue).

I will not dwell here about the persons who are distributing news (or advertisement) but leave it to the readers to be aware:

"Samir Jain is fifty-eight, but he looks older, his once stark-black hair now gray. He follows a strict vegetarian diet and has a slim frame and face; his clothes tend toward the baggy, his buttoned shirt collars loose. He often speaks in parables. Namita Gokhale, a well-connected novelist who co-directs the Jaipur Literature Festival, once sat next to Jain at a dinner. Jain told Gokhale, “I think history doesn’t exist, and if I were Prime Minister I would ban the study of history.” Gokhale devilishly responded, “What I’ll do is give you two tight slaps and a kick, and if you can’t remember it I’ll agree there’s no history!” Jain politely smiled, turned away, and ignored her the rest of the evening."
Samir Jain – Owner of Bennett, Coleman & Company Ltd. Group which has Times of India, Times Now etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment