Sunday 22 January 2023

Honor- When competitors take advise

Below write up on Azim Premji I know by Narayana Murthy touched upon a point on how his competitor use to listen to them on what is going on in the industry:

Once Infosys started operating in the post-liberalisation era, Azim realised that we were on to something good and his respect for Infosys and me multiplied several times. He would call me several times a year to find out about our progress and our market strategies. I was very open with him and did not hide anything from him since I knew that our superiority with our competitors came only from how quickly we came out with new ideas and how well and quickly we executed them.

He was shy about coming many times to our office in Electronics City and would nudge me to visit him in his isolated turret on the Wipro campus in Sarjapur. While most of the time I went alone to his office, a couple of times I took Nandan Nilekani, Kris Gopalakrishnan and Mohandas Pai with me. We would go into detailed discussions of how we were managing Infosys. Azim and his CEOs, Vivek Paul and Chandrashekaran, would ask a barrage of questions. We truthfully answered them.

Source: The Azim Premji I Knew

Truly a great honor for Narayana Murthy of Infosys.

No comments:

Post a Comment