Tuesday 3 December 2019

I K Gujral and Balasaheb Thackeray

Times of India newspaper (print) 4th December 2019 carried an advertisement stating contribution of former Indian Prime Minister I K Gujral.

The advertisement was placed by Maharashtra Government with Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray photo on it.

It is surprising to understand the relationship between I K Gujral and Balasaheb Thackeray (Shiv Sena).

An internet search could reveal only following interview of Balasaheb Thackeray:

What if there was a strong government at the Centre? Would this have meant the Bharatiya Janata Party-Sena government's dismissal?

It depends on the person. A V P Singh government would have surely acted with vengeance. Remember Amitabh Bachchan? V P Singh would have bayed for our blood. I have basically a sense of respect for I K Gujral. He is a dignified man. I think Gujral wants to remain aloof from dirty political treachery. He's above all this.

I was surprised to hear in the same interview of Balasaheb that I K Gujral was a Communist:

You fought against the Communists, but you have gone to their doors to save your government?

Are you talking about Gujral?

Yes.

No, he is not an umbrella Communist. He is not one of those who will open their umbrella here when it rains in the Soviet Union. He is a Communist of a higher level. Today they don't play the politics of "brothers in red". The world had undergone a drastic change. Be it I K Gujral or Indrajit Gupta, they know it.

Gupta is behaving as a responsible central home minister. I can't openly abuse them as 'red brothers'. Such good people have become a rarity in politics today. That is why people of this country have a lot of hope in Gujral and Gupta. I have myself experienced their non-interference in the development of this nation. They are the people who deserve to be held in high esteem.

Despite both the leaders passed away in the year 2012 (7 years back) and still Shiv Sena Government remembering him, it is a good gesture.

Today it is not clear. Hope i may understand about it later.

Advertisement from Times of India newspaper (online version):

No comments:

Post a Comment