Tuesday 28 August 2018

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she's beautiful"


Very rarely you see an advertisement weaving a beautiful poem and manages to present an impact message.

I don't think Bhima Jewelers have placed this advertisement in Television for full 6 minutes, as it will be very costly for them

I am reminded of Bill Bernbach (Advertising Icon) quotes:

“Nobody counts the number of ads you run; they just remember the impression you make.”

“Rules are what the artist breaks; the memorable never emerged from a formula”

“In advertising, not to be different is virtually suicidal”

Bhima Jewelers Advertisement have managed to convey message from the above quotes spectacularly.

The tag line used by Bhima Jewelers was brilliant:

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she's beautiful."

The video is worth watching for its ability to convey message why Woman Represents Beauty.


 Aliveni Yentu Cheyvu is a poem written by Swati Thirunal. The poem is shared below:

Pallavi
aLivENi enthu chey_vu
hantha njaanini maanini

Anupallavi
naLinamizhi Sree padmanaabhan iha vanneelallO


Charanam 1
induyuthayaam niSayum indindiraadiravavum
mandamaaruthanum chaaru malayajaalEpanavum
kundajaathi sumangaLum kOmaLaanggi sakhi
sundaran varaanjaal, lOkasundaran….,
thrilOkasundaran…, varaanjaalayE
cholka kim mE prayOjanam


Charanam 2
paariTaththil ahO bahu
bhaagyavathi aakumEvaL
saarasaakshanOTu kooTi
saamOdam ramichcheeTunnu
neerilthaar Sara sadr~San
nithyam ingu varum maarggam
paaram nOkkuvathinnayi
baashpam innu vairiyaayi

Translation of the above in English is presented below:
Oh ALIVENI!- tresses having the hue of black bee! Alas! What shall I do now? Oh MANINI- the respectable lady! Lotus-eyed SRI PADMANAHA has not come yet! What shall I do?

Oh KOMALANGI- having a charming form! Tell me, what is the use of all these? The humming of the bees, the gentle breeze, sandal paste and the fragrant flowers like jasmine etc., if my beloved does not turn up?


I do not know who is the blessed damsel on this earth, enjoying the company of SARASAKSHA, the one who resembles Cupid! I keep looking out for Him to come by the usual path. I cannot see, as my eyes are brimming with tears.


Has my darling forgotten all the sweet words he uttered when we were together? Oh KAMBUKANTHI -one with a neck like a conch! Don't delay anymore. Please tell Him my miserable state and bring Him at once to me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment